Fake it till you make it.
Do you agree or disagree?
For our next Imagination meet up, let’s discuss the topic of Imposter Syndrome.
To brush up, or if you’re unfamiliar with I.S., here’s a brief overview:
I think of I.S. primarily in terms of career and vocation. But it’s not just limited to this arena. Do you think people move through life with an underlying suspicion that we might be an impostor? That we might get “found out” for who we really are?
Come prepared to discuss anything related to this topic:
– Have you ever felt like a fake, phony or fraud? In what environment?
– In what areas have you felt incompetent? Or are you always confident and assured of yourself and your abilities?
– What does (or should) real success look like?
– Have you struggled with I.S. in work life, personal relationships, or church life (faith)?
– In what ways have you been able to remedy or combat these insecurities or fears?
Even the great Neil Diamond recently stated in an in interview that, after all these years, he still has a fear of being “found out.”